Spanish Rice Dinner
Delicious, worth the time spent to make it all from scratch. My family really enjoyed this dinner. I actually tripled the recipe and used it for another dinner a couple days after.
You will need ingredients and instructions from these two recipes also:
• Spanish Brown Rice recipe by Traci York at Vanilla and Bean (I left out the Adobo Sauce, I couldn’t find it…)
• Fire Roasted Tomatoes recipe (in oven) by Rachel at MashupMom.com
Ingredients• 1 cup frozen corn • 1 can black beans • Orange, red or yellow pepper, diced • Pink salt and fresh cracked pepper • 1 avocado, peeled and cubed • 3 green onions, sliced • ¼ cup raw pistachios
Non-vegan option: • Dollop of sour cream
- Make Spanish Brown Rice and Fire-Roasted Tomatoes according to recipe links provided. 2. Over medium/high heat, in a frying pan, add a bit of olive oil.
- Add corn, black beans and pepper and scramble fry until liquid is evaporated and veggies begin to brown a bit. I added pink salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Once all is ready, add Spanish Brown Rice to plate or bowl (I use my bowl that I use for Buddha Bowls.) Scoop a spoonful of black bean, corn, and pepper mixture over the rice. Sprinkle the top with a dollop of sour cream (if you’re using), a ¼ of the avocado, ¼ of the green onion, and ¼ of the pistachios.
6 Comments Add yours
Will be trying. Do you have a suggestion on substitution for pistachios?
If I were to use something other than pistachios, I’d try pumpkin seeds. But honestly, you could sprinkle any nut or seed you like on top. Cooking is about experimenting and personalizing. Let me know what you try.
Thank you for reading my blog 🙂
Great post 😁
Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. Have a great day!
No problem 😁 check out my blog when you get the chance 🙂 I
Great recipe. Thanks for sharing. We make Spanish rice at home ALL the time and my husband can eat half a pan 🙂 Haha! You might like some of my recipes, too 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person